Best hospitals for Ayurvedic Treatment of Herniated Disc
The main reason behind the back pain is the bad lifestyle of the person. The back pain also occurs due to the poor posture, bad sitting posture, overweight and many other things.
To relieve the symptoms of this problem, conventional treatment comprises of using pain killers or traction. These treatments are not always successful and the user might need to undergo invasive procedures like epidural injections to help avoid further complications. If it is not responding to any of these interventions, surgery to the spine to remove the protruding disc, or to increase the space for the emerging nerve with or without fusion of the vertebrae is recommended.
Ayurveda offers a very tangible alternative that works in almost any case of a prolapsed or slipped disc. Ayurvedic medications comprising of herbal decoctions, tablets, capsules, and oils for external application are very effective in providing relief in patients with mild to moderate problems. Persons with chronic problems and those with the severe intensity of symptoms would require Ayurvedic therapies like Abhyanga (Medicated Oil applications and massages), Swedana (Sudation therapy), Shodana therapies (detoxification) using Vasthi in the case of back pain related problems and Nasyam in the case of neck related problems. These therapies are used to health nerves affected by the herniated disc and to relieve the muscular spasm as well.
Ayurveda categorized Slip disc as one of the diseases caused by vitiation Vata (one of the principle dosha in the body, responsible for the movement and functionality of the body). Treatment in Ayurveda is aimed at restoring the equilibrium through correction of the underlying functional in-equilibrium. Ayurvedic treatments for Slip disc concentrate on bringing back the aggravated vata to the state of equilibrium and thereby to the state of health.
We are providing very effective and most successful treatment for Slip disc or herniated disc. With our vast experience in treating Spine related conditions, today we are successfully dealing even post-surgical recurrence cases.
The treatment comprises of Detoxification and rejuvenation through Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapy, administration of researched medicines internally.
The therapies like Abhyanga swedam, Nasyam, Pathrapotala swedam, Choornapinda swedam, Pizhichil, Shirodhara, Kadeevasthy, Greevavasthy, Navarakizhi, Vasti, etc. are done as per the necessity and condition. These therapies are directed towards relieving the inflammatory changes, releasing the spasms and nerve compressions in the affected area, strengthening the supportive tissues holding the spine, nourishing the joints through improving the circulation. Usually, the treatment period is 4 – 5 weeks according to the severity of the disease.
Medinovita with its 28 days treatment venture has come up with a new and exceptional solution to your back pain problems wherein you would get proven results to cure your ailment. The Ayurvedic experts at our hospitals make sure to cure the patient with the utmost care and with proper diet.
Medinovita in association with NABH accredited ayurvedic hospitals provide the best Ayurvedic treatment for herniated disc in India. We provide the best Ayurvedic treatment for back pain that is unique to each individual and their body type(dosha), identifying the underlying factors in the ailment.
Ayurvedic & Panchkarma treatments can help patients to avoid surgery. This form of traditional Indian medicine is safe and effective for patients of all age groups. The treatment is 100% natural and therefore, it does not cause any unwanted side effects or discomfort in the body. Ayurveda stresses on holistic healing; the practitioners of Ayurveda often create a detailed treatment plan for all patients that seek their help.
Which Ayurveda Therapies are Commonly Used For Herniated Disc Treatment?
- Kati Vasti: Kativasti (or Kati basti) is an Ayurvedic procedure of retaining warm medicated oil over the lower back bordered with a herbal paste. The therapy can last for 45 to 60 minutes. It is a general cure for almost all types of spinal problems and back pains. The person is let lay on his/her stomach on a massage table. A herbal paste is made into a cup with the skin of lower center back forming the bottom of the cup and the herbal paste its borders or walls. Medicated oil is poured into the cup and retained there. Back pain related to disc problems is cured this way.
- Pizhichil: This is a rejuvenating treatment with medicated warm oil used in a continuous stream for a definite period for the whole body. In the full body massage procedure of Pizhichil, the masseurs let the person lie own a specially designed Wooden Droni, a wooden plank designed to retain oil. A masseur spreads warm medicated oil all over the body (below the neck) from a lump of cloth soaked in medicated oil.
- Kizhi: is another special Ayurvedic treatments. Boluses of njavara rice / Medicated Powder or special leaves are used for Kizhi Treatments. In the massage program, the kizhi (boluses of njavara made into a handheld bag or medicated powder) is dipped in warm decoctions. This makes the body of the person perspire and this method provides direct nourishment to soft tissues near the skin. The therapy can last for up to an hour a day and continues for 14 days.
- Sneha Basti: includes douche utilizing sedated oil. It is utilized to treat bring down spinal pain, gout and ailment.
- Kashaya Basti: includes douche utilizing sedated decoction. It is utilized to treat bring down spinal pain, gout and ailment.