Ayurvedic Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile Dysfunction, or impotence, is a sexual problem in males because of which erection cannot be maintained or the erection is not firm enough for sexual intercourse. In Ayurveda, this condition is known as Klaibya and is categorized into four different types. Erectile Dysfunction treatment is sought by healthy males due to stress, fatigue or some health problems, among others. Ayurveda provides personalized Erectile Dysfunction treatment that is a combination of medicines, diet and lifestyle recommendations.
Ayurveda categorizes male impotency problems in 4 different groups, of which Dhajabhangaja Klaibya is the closest to the western concept of erectile dysfunction. The causes of this type of Klaibya are excessive indulgence in sex, chronic diseases, trauma to the genitalia or damage of the penile tissues. Temporary causes such as hunger may also lead to Dhajabhangaja Klaibya. Two other types - Bijopaghataja and Shukra Kshayaja Klaibya refer to a condition in which the quality of sperm and amount of semen produced decreases. The fourth type, Jaraja Klaibya is caused due to advanced age and poor nutrition. For Erectile Dysfunction treatment, the doctor first identifies the root-cause behind the problem before providing personalized treatment.
Use of anti-depressant drugs, alcoholism, nicotine addiction, psychological problems and vitiation of Vata dosha are other causative factors. In addition to these, other contributing factors include diabetes, neurological problems, depression, and cavernosal disorder.
Herbs that include, vangabhasma, lauhabhasma, shilajitu, hingula, yashtimadhu, pravalapishti, kapikacchu, and kupeelu are beneficial in increasing sperm count. These herbs also boost erection by helping in increasing the duration for which a man can hold his erection.
Kajjali, satavari, vanga bhasma, jiraka, vidarikanda, bala, tamra bhasma, ativisha, jatiphala, karpura, lavanga and abhrakabhasma, are known to have properties that can treat erectile dysfunction.
There are various oils that are used by Ayurveda practitioners to relieve a person of stress. Stress is one of the major reasons that lead to erectile dysfunction.
Yoga and meditation are important methods by which the body can be energized and the mind refreshed. This eventually helps in the treatment of erectile dysfunction as the body and mind react to treatment.
Medinovita in association with NABH accredited ayurvedic hospitals provide the best Ayurvedic treatment for erectile dysfunction in India. We provide the best Ayurvedic treatment for erectile dysfunction that is unique to each individual and their body type(dosha), identifying the underlying factors in the ailment.
Ayurvedic & Panchkarma treatments can help patients to avoid surgery. This form of traditional Indian medicine is safe and effective for patients of all age groups. The treatment is 100% natural and therefore, it does not cause any unwanted side effects or discomfort in the body. Ayurveda stresses on holistic healing; the practitioners of Ayurveda often create a detailed treatment plan for all patients that seek their help.
Lifestyle changes to prevent erectile dysfunction
- Exercise: Daily morning walk and exercises improves blood circulation in the body. Exercises help to combat erectile dysfunction. Some researches have shown that exercises help to get a stronger erection in many men.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet plays a crucial role in management of diseases. Include fruit, vegetables and natural organic foods in your daily meal.
- A sound sleep: Improper sleep patterns cause hormonal fluctuations. Take a sound sleep, go to bed on time, and wake up early in the morning.
- Quit smoking: Smoking can be an underlying cause of erectile dysfunction because of regular habits of smoking cause narrowing of penile arteries. Therefore, quit smoking.
- Limit alcohol use: Alcohol acts as depressant, so it may cause erectile dysfunction.
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome erectile dysfunction
- Aswaganda: It is an effective treatment option for erectile dysfunction or any sexual problems that a man faces in their life. This herb works wonders for sexual disorders and has been in use since the ancient period to improve sexual desires.
- Massage: Regular massage of whole body with special Ayurvedic herbal oils will help to treat erectile dysfunction sooner. This rejuvenates the whole body and increases the physical strength for better sex.
- Drumstick: Boil handful of drumstick flower in one cup of milk and drink this mixture daily for at least two to three months. This helps to treat the erection problem for males.
- Carrot and honey: Mix half cup of chopped carrot with one half boiled egg and two teaspoon of honey. Taking this mixture on regular basis for one month’s treats erectile dysfunction.
- Ginger: Mix two teaspoon of ginger paste with two teaspoons of honey and eat this three times a day. This simple home remedy helps to cure erectile dysfunction in an easy way.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate juice is the best natural remedy for erectile dysfunction. Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants that help in improving the circulation of blood throughout the body and especially to the genital areas. This helps to maintain the erection for a prolonged period of time.
- Saw palmetto: This herb is used for treating erectile dysfunction and also to improve the sperm count. Consuming this herb regularly helps to treat the erectile dysfunction.