Ayurvedic treatment for Psoriasis
Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition which exhibits itself on the skin. But it can affect the whole system. Psoriasis grows very fast and results in reddened inflamed patches having whitish scales on them or dry and scaly patches on the skin.
Uneven and unhealthy food habits, consumption of foodstuffs in the wrong combination, excess intake of yogurt, black gram, seafood, sour or salted, etc can trigger psoriasis inducing pathogenesis. Stress, alcohol and tobacco consumption may also lead to psoriasis.
Improper handling of psoriasis leads to psoriatic arthritis, heart conditions and/or other complications. Medical handling by steroids has been never the right way to deal with it. Oral or topical application of steroids will only make conditions worse. It will take the condition of the skin to the deeper tissues. All complications follow the same modality of treatment. This treatment gives temporary relief and, to a certain extent, some cosmetic benefit. But, in reality, steroids cannot be continued for long durations as it is harmful to all internal vital organs.
Ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis involves a total body cleansing technique that clear the scales from the uppermost skin but internally insulates our body from foreign impurities. Therefore, it can get rid of psoriasis permanently. It also avoids other blood impurity related diseases like psoriasis arthritis, debility, and autoimmune problems. The main Ayurveda treatment used to treat psoriasis is Panchakarma Treatment. Panchakarma treatments use plant-based remedies and dietary changes. These are meant to detox and purify the body. A vegetarian diet is often recommended. The Panchakarma Treatments starts with pre-treatment procedures of internal medication(also known as snehana) and then continues with external medication( also known as abhyanga)
According to Ayurveda, psoriasis is caused due to the imbalance developed between the doshas within the body due to the increased level of toxins. So to cure psoriasis of its roots, the only thing that can do is to cleanse the body and remove all toxins. By doing this balance between doshas will be created inside the body and immune system will restore its correct functioning.
Medinovita with its 28 days treatment venture has come up with a new and exceptional solution to your skin problems wherein you would get proven results to cure your ailment. The Ayurvedic experts at our hospitals make sure to cure the patient with the utmost care and with proper diet.
Medinovita in association with NABH accredited ayurvedic hospitals provide the best Ayurvedic treatment for Psoriasis in India. We provide the best Ayurvedic treatment for Psoriasis that is unique to each individual and their body type(dosha), identifying the underlying factors in the ailment.
How Psoriasis will be treated in Ayurveda
- Snehapanam: refers to consuming medicated oil. Type and volume are decided based on the patient's constitution. Dosage and combinations are also based on the individual's dosha constitution and the progression of the disease. Snehapanam has been observed to decrease scaling, itching, and dryness of psoriasis.
- Abhyanga: is a specialised oil massage as per ayurvedic theory; it helps to move toxins towards the intestines in order to encourage their removal from the body. It is also known to reduce dryness of the skin and to reduce the severity of scaling.
- Swedana: is the next step in Panchakarma. This is done in parallel with snehana. Swedana helps in eliminating toxins collected in the process of massage.
- Vamana: the emesis therapy is the next step in panchakarma treatment. Herbal emetics induce vomiting which is essentially the elimination of toxins identified in the earlier stages.
- Virechana: Virechana or purgation therapy excretes toxins collected in the digestive area from the earlier oleation steps.
- Vasthi: Vasthi or enema therapy is very effective for vata type of psoriasis. It excretes toxins collected in the large intestine during any of the previous cleansing steps.
- Lepanam: Applying a medicinal paste on the impacted skin area is called lepanam. This helps in controlling the itching and scaling on the skin surface.
- Thakradhara: Thakradhara is Shirodhara using medicated buttermilk. It is a relaxing treatment for the body and mind and supports the forms of psoriasis cure.
- Therapies offered in this ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis package may vary after the consultation with our team of doctors.