Eligibility for Indian medical visa for Ethiopians
- Medical visa is only granted to those whose travel to India only for medical treatment.
- Ethiopian passport holders are not eligible for eVisa. India government has rolled out an e-visa service that allows applicants to apply and pay for the visa to India online. Unfortunately, Ethiopian nationals are not eligible for eVisa. In order to apply for Indian medical visa, you must fill the application form online and submit the hard copy to any Indian consulate or embassy in Ethiopia. The validity of India medical visa is 6 months to 1 year with multiple entries.
- Patient must have invitation letter from a recognized/reputed/specialized hospital/healthcare center in India.
- Only up to two medical attendants are allowed to accompany him/her. They can be his/her family members or close associates.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International travelers should have the return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/ her stay in India.
- It is mandatory for visitors to carry Oral Polio and Yellow Fever certificates while traveling to India from Ethiopia. The Oral Polio Vaccination is administered by the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in the Black Lion Hospital, Addis Ababa. All visa applicants should provide Oral Polio Vaccination Certificates issued by the Black Lion Hospital. The validity of OPV certificate is one year and the validity of Yellow Fever Vaccination is 10 years.
Documents required for Indian medical visa
- Duly completed and signed Visa form with 2 photographs (2’x2’).Visa form can be filled online and hard copy needs to be submitted to Indian embassy.The photo should be of front view with a plain/light background. There should be no shadows and eyes should be open.
- Invitation letter from an approved Hospital/recognized Doctor in India mentioning name of patent/attendant(s), Passport number(s), illness and duration of treatment
- Click here to request for the invitational letter..Alternatively you can email us email@example.com or WhatsApp us on +91-9740177277 to book doctor appointments and invitation letter.
- National identification card and its photocopy
- Medical documents establishing the need for taking medical treatment in India along with local hospital/doctor referral letter
- Confirmed return air ticket
- Current address proof
- Proof of relationship with attendant (for Attendant visas)
- Passport copy of attendant (for Attendant visas)
- Financial proof of a current bank statement proving your economic stability to support yourself in your medical travel to India.
- Yellow fever vaccination and Oral Polio Vaccination certificate taken at least 10 days prior to your travel to India and Oral Polio Vaccination (OPV) certificate taken at least four weeks prior to your entry in the country.
- The documents can only be presented or collected by one of the attendants or a close relative with letter of authority duly signed by the applicant; it should contain details of the authorized person’s ID card/Passport which can be verified. No application shall be accepted from a third party in any circumstance.
- Address of authorized Polio vaccination centers given below
- Oral Polio Vaccination is administered by the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in the Black Lion Hospital, Addis Ababa. All visa applicants should provide Oral Polio Vaccination Certificates issued by the Black Lion Hospital. The validity of OPV certificate is one year and the validity of Yellow Fever Vaccination is 10 years.
Documents required for organ transplant in India
- Separate notarized agreements between the donor and the recipient duly signed by either parties. The agreement should also specify the relationship between the donor and the recipient.
- Notarized consent letter from the care taker.
- Notarized consent letter from the parents or either of the parents, in case of minor children
- Medical reports and letter from the Ministry of Health.
- All the above documents should be duly attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before submission.
- Click here to request for the invitation letter..Alternatively you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us on +91-9740177277 to book doctor appointments and invitation letter.
- In case of hospitalization or long term treatment, proof of financial resources, as indicated below, may be sought:
- Bank statements for last 6 months
- Solvency certificate from Bank
Visa processing fee
2,330 Birr for visa valid upto 6 months and 3450 Birr for visa valid up to 1 year.The medical visa fee is to be paid in cash (Birr) at the Embassy Counter. Online transaction is available.
Visa processing time
A Medical/Medical Attendant visa is normally issued in 3 working days, exclusive of the day on which application is made. However, in cases of medical emergency, it may be issued in one working day (excluding the day of submission and subject to deposition of fee on the day of submission of application).
Details of Indian Embassies / High Commissions / Consulates for applying medical visa
There are two Indian Consulates in Ethiopia where people can directly apply medical visa to India.
|House No.658, Woreda 07, Kebele 08,|
Yeka Sub City,(Behind Aksum Hotel),
P.B.No.528, Addis Ababa
+251-6362600/6362034, 6362279, 8284125
|Kebena, Aware, next to Bel Air Hotel, P.O. Box 528|
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Details of authorized agency in India for medical travel to India
Medinovita helps you to process your invitation letter, medical visa,book flight tickets,get accommodation at discounted price,arrange local transport,arrangement of food of your choice so that you can focus only on your healing. We do facilitate everything else needed for your medical travel to India.You will be assigned with a dedicated case manager to assist you throughout your medical trip in India. Click here to request for the invitational letter or treatment estimate.Alternatively you can email us email@example.com or WhatsApp us on +91-9740177277 to book doctor appointments and invitation letter.
Step by step process to apply for long term Indian medical visa from Ethiopia
- Go to https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html and click on Regular Visa Application. Click here to request for Medinovita assitance for visa processing.Alternatively you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us on +91-9740177277 to book doctor appointments and invitation letter.
- Fill up the important credentials: your country’s name, high commission, date of birth, nationality, e-mail id, expected date of arrival in India and visa type. Enter the access code and click Continue.
- The form consists of a total of three pages. Fill up each page of the form with your correct details. Click Save and Continue at the bottom after you finish filling up each page.
- Enter details of your family address and your profession or occupation.
- Enter your medical visa application details regarding the hospital in your country and the concerned hospital in India, duration of treatment, no. of entries, the purpose of visit, expected date of journey, expected time of arrival and departure, other information, details about SAARC country visit and reference.
- If you travel to India for your treatment only through Medinovita ’s assistance, then you can provide Medinovita’s office address and contact number of patient relations. However, an email seeking permission to use Medinovita's reference is required.
- You can upload your picture or paste it after you take out a print of the filled application form. If you want to upload your recent picture in the online form, click on Upload Photo.
- After you click Save and Continue on the third page, a preview containing all your details will appear.
- Click on Verified and Continue if all the data entered by you are correct.
- Go through the set of instructions that appear on the new window and press OK for final registration. To modify details click Cancel.
- After clicking OK a window will appear where you would have to select the appointment date for submission of application at the Mission Counter. Click on Confirm the Appointment.
- Another new window will open after you have clicked on Confirm the Appointment, bearing two options to Print or Save the online application. Save the online application. Do not print it immediately as you may lose the application by doing so.
- Click on Print Registered Application to get the hardcopy of your application form.
- If you haven’t uploaded your picture in the online application form, then paste it in the photo box on the first page. The photograph should be exactly the same size as the box (2inch X 2inch).
- Put your signature on the rectangular box just below the photo box. Do the same in the box at the bottom of the second page.
- Finally, submit the application form along with the required documents at the Mission Counter on the appointed date, mentioned at the right margin of the application, during the working hours.
Indian Consulate working hours
Visa Applications are recieved between 09:30am - 11:30am on all working days (Monday to Friday).Delivery of passports and other documents are done between 4:30pm - 5:00pm on all working days.
Extension of Indian medical visa
The initial period for the medical visa is up to a period of one year or the period of treatment whichever less, which can be extended for a further period up to one year by the State Government/ FRROs on the production of medical certificate/ advice from the reputed/ recognized/ specialized hospitals in the country.
Any further extension will be granted by the Ministry of Home Affairs only on the recommendations of the State Government/ FRROs supported by appropriate Medical documents. Such visa will be valid for maximum three entries during one year. State Government/ FRROs may permit one additional entry in an emergent situation if required.
Documents needed for the extension of Indian medical visa
- Application form.
- Photocopy of the passport and the initial visa.
- Four photographs of the applicant.
- Details of residence in India
Contact details of FRRO's for the extension of Indian medical visa
|Bangalore||5th Floor, 'A' Block,|
TTMC, BMTC Bus Stand Building,
Bangalore - 560027
|Calicut||20/1305, Castle View, Thiruvannur Road,|
|Chennai||No. 26 Shastri Bhawan Annexe,Building 26|
|Cochin||2nd Floor, Airlines Building, Cochin|
International Airport Ltd.,Airport PO,
|Delhi||East Block —VIII,Level -2 Sector -1|
R.K Puram New Delhi-66
|Kolkata||237, A.J.C Bose Road, Kolkataemail@example.com|
|Mumbai||Annex-|| Bldg., 3rd Floor Badruddin|
Tayyabji Marg,Behind St.Xavier College, C.S.T
Assistance to get Indian medical visa from Ethiopia
Medinovita assist patients in applying for Indian medical visa as a complimentary service. In case if you need any assistance in getting a visa, please submit an inquiry or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call or WhatsApp us on +91-9740177277. We usually respond within one hour of receiving the inquiry.