Eligibility for Indian medical visa for Afghanistan nationals
- Medical visa is only granted to those whose travel to India only for medical treatment.
- Afghanistan passport holders are not eligible for eVisa.They must fill the application form online and submit the hard copy to any Indian consulate or embassy.
- Patient must have invitation letter from a recognized/reputed/specialized hospital/healthcare center in India.
- Only up to two medical attendants are allowed to accompany him/her. They can be his/her family members or close associates.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have the return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/ her stay in India.
- Click here to view best hospitals or Click here to request for a quote
- Click here to request for the invitational letter..Alternatively you can email us email@example.com or WhatsApp us on +91-9740177277 to book doctor appointments and invitation letter.
Documents required for Indian medical visa
- Duly completed Visa form with 2 photographs (2’x2’)
- Original ID (Taskara) and its photocopy
- Original medical papers and its photocopy
- Confirmed return air ticket
- Photocopy of medical papers pertaining to last visit on Medical Visa may also be submitted
- For medical treatment/check up for a longer and regular period, a letter from Indian Doctor/hospital must be enclosed
- Current address proof
- Proof of relationship with attendant (for Attendant visas)
- Passport copy of attendant (for Attendant visas)
- Polio Vaccination & Certificate for all travelers to India from Afghanistan is compulsory since 1st February, 2014
- Address of authorized polio vaccination centers given below
- Indira Gandhi Hospital (Shefakhana Sehat Tefl)
Wazir Akbar Khan 14th street
10th District in front of Spice Jet Office
- Shahir Travel Agency
In front of Etisalat Main Office
10th Police Department Street
10th District, Kabul, Afghanistan
- Poli Clinic Markazi
Near to Shahe do Shamshera Mosque and Cinema Pamir
2nd District Kabul, Afghanistan
- Clinic Sehi 200 Bestar Khairkhana
Khairkhana adjacent of Lycee Maryam
11th district Kabul, Afghanistan
- Indira Gandhi Hospital (Shefakhana Sehat Tefl)
Medical documents required for Indian medical visa
- Medical certificate, in original, from recognized hospitals/ doctors indicating in detail the medical condition of the patient
- Recommendation from the attending doctor for availing treatment abroad in case of first visit
- Recommendation from the attending doctor in India in case of continued treatment in India
- In case of hospitalization or long term treatment, proof of financial resources, as indicated below, may be sought:
- Bank statements for last 6 months
- Solvency certificate from Bank
Visa processing fee
There is no visa fee for Afghanistan passport holders applying for Indian medical visa, though a fee of 350 Afghani (USD 6) is charged by the IVAC for medical visa processing. The Indian Visa Services regarding acceptance of visa applications and delivery of processed passports are outsourced to Indian Visa Application Centers (IVACs).
Visa processing time
4-5 working days
Details of Indian Embassies / High Commissions / Consulates for applying medical visa
There are five Indian Consulates in Afghanistan where people can directly apply medical visa to India
These are located at Kabul, Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Kandahar, Jalalabad
|Malalaiwat, Shar-e-Naw, Kabul|
|Ameriat Cross Road, Near AbBakhsh|
|Shahr-e-Nau, District 6,|
|Ilaka No.2, Habibabad,|
Details of authorized agencies in Afghanistan for applying Indian visa
There is only one authorized agency in Afghanistan for processing Indian medical visa.They are operating out of Kabul.
|IVAC, M/s Shahir Travel Agency,|
Charahi Haji Yaqoub,
10th police station street,
In front of Etisalat main office,
Shar e Now, Kabul
Step by step process to apply Indian medical visa from Afghanistan
- Go to https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html and click on Regular Visa Application.
- Fill up the important credentials: your country’s name, high commission, date of birth, nationality, e-mail id, expected date of arrival in India and visa type. Enter the access code and click Continue.
- The form consists of a total of three pages. Fill up each page of the form with your correct details. Click Save and Continue at the bottom after you finish filling up each page.
- Enter details of your family address and your profession or occupation.
- Enter your medical visa application details regarding the hospital in your country and the concerned hospital in India, duration of treatment, no. of entries, the purpose of visit, expected date of journey, expected time of arrival and departure, other information, details about SAARC country visit and reference.
- If you travel to India for your treatment only through Medinovita’s assistance, then you can provide Medinovita’s office address and contact number of patient relations. However, an email seeking permission to use Medinovita's reference is required.
- You can upload your picture or paste it after you take out a print of the filled application form. If you want to upload your recent picture in the online form, click on Upload Photo.
- After you click Save and Continue on the third page, a preview containing all your details will appear.
- Click on Verified and Continue if all the data entered by you are correct.
- Go through the set of instructions that appear on the new window and press OK for final registration. To modify details click Cancel.
- After clicking OK a window will appear where you would have to select the appointment date for submission of application at the Mission Counter. Click on Confirm the Appointment.
- Another new window will open after you have clicked on Confirm the Appointment, bearing two options to Print or Save the online application. Save the online application. Do not print it immediately as you may lose the application by doing so.
- Click on Print Registered Application to get the hardcopy of your application form.
- If you haven’t uploaded your picture in the online application form, then paste it in the photo box on the first page. The photograph should be exactly the same size as the box (2inch X 2inch).
- Put your signature on the rectangular box just below the photo box. Do the same in the box at the bottom of the second page.
- Finally, submit the application form along with the required documents at the Mission Counter on the appointed date, mentioned at the right margin of the application, during the working hours.
- Click here to request for the invitation letter..Alternatively you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us on +91-9740177277 to book doctor appointments and invitation letter.
Extension of Indian medical visa
The initial period for the medical visa is up to a period of one year or the period of treatment whichever less, which can be extended for a further period up to one year by the State Government/ FRROs on the production of medical certificate/ advice from the reputed/ recognized/ specialized hospitals in the country.
Any further extension will be granted by the Ministry of Home Affairs only on the recommendations of the State Government/ FRROs supported by appropriate Medical documents. Such visa will be valid for maximum three entries during one year. State Government/ FRROs may permit one additional entry in an emergent situation if required.
Documents needed for the extension of Indian medical visa
- Application form.
- Photocopy of the passport and the initial visa.
- Four photographs of the applicant.
- Details of residence in India
Contact details of FRRO's for the extension of Indian medical visa
|Bangalore||5th Floor, 'A' Block,|
TTMC, BMTC Bus Stand Building,
Bangalore - 560027
|Calicut||20/1305, Castle View, Thiruvannur Road,|
|Chennai||No. 26 Shastri Bhawan Annexe,Building 26|
|Cochin||2nd Floor, Airlines Building, Cochin|
International Airport Ltd.,Airport PO,
|Delhi||East Block —VIII,Level -2 Sector -1|
R.K Puram New Delhi-66
|Kolkata||237, A.J.C Bose Road, Kolkataemail@example.com|
|Mumbai||Annex-|| Bldg., 3rd Floor Badruddin|
Tayyabji Marg,Behind St.Xavier College, C.S.T
Assistance to get Indian medical visa from Afghanistan
Medinovita assist patients in applying for Indian medical visa as a complimentary service. In case if you need any assistance in getting a visa, please submit inquiry or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call or WhatsApp us on +91-9740177277. We usually respond within one hour of receiving the inquiry.