Eligibility for Indian Medical Visa for Maldives Nationals
Maldivian nationals traveling to India for Tourism/Meeting with friends and relatives/ casual medical purposes in India do not need prior Visa if their period of stay in India is less than 90 days in preceding six months. Maldivian Nationals intending to stay in India for more than 90 days for medical, study or any other purpose have to obtain appropriate visa otherwise they may face deportation as there is no provision in India for extending the visit visa or converting to any other type.
Eligibility for Indian medical visa for Maldives nationals
- Medical visa is only granted to those whose travel to India only for medical treatment.
- Maldives passport holders are eligible for eVisa.
- Patient must have invitation letter from a recognized/reputed/specialized hospital/healthcare center in India.Medinovita have a partnership with top hospitals in Kerala, Chennai and Bangalore allow you to book the appointment for medical treatment. Click here to request the invitational letter.
- Only up to two medical attendants are allowed to accompany him/her. They can be his/her family members or close associates.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have the return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/ her stay in India.
General Documents Required for Indian Medical Visa
- Scanned copy of passport with a minimum validity of six months as on the date of submission of the application for the visa.
- One recent (not less than 3 months old) passport-size colour photograph depicting full face
- Invitation letter from reputed hospital in India.Click here to request the invitational letter.
- Applicants would be required to scan and upload their photograph,invitation letter and passport in the designated space provided in the online application form.
Medical Documents Required for Indian Medical Visa
- Medical certificate, in original, from recognized hospitals/ doctors indicating in detail the medical condition of the patient
- Recommendation from the attending doctor for availing treatment abroad in case of first visit
- Recommendation from the attending doctor in India in case of continued treatment in India
- In case of hospitalization or long term treatment, proof of financial resources, as indicated below, may be sought:
- Bank statements for last 6 months
- Solvency certificate from Bank
Medical Visa Processing Fee
There is no Visa fee for Maldivian nationals except in case of emergency Visa applications, wherein MRF 586 is charged as Emergency Visa Fee.
Medical Visa Processing Time
Details of Indian Embassies / High Commissions / Consulates for applying medical visa
There is only one Indian consulate in Maldives where people can directly apply medical visa to India
|Athireege Aage, Ameeru Ahmed Magu, Henveiru|
Details of Authorized Agencies in Maldives for applying Indian Visa
There is no outsourced agency or service provider authorized by Embassay of India, Maldives.
Step by step process to apply long term (up to 1 year) Indian medical visa from Maldives
- Go to https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html and click on e-Visa Application button.
- Fill up the important credentials: passport type,nationality,port of arrival,date of birth,email id,expected date of arrival
- Select visa Service as eMEDICAL VISA and select 'SHORT TERM MEDICAL TREATMENT OF SELF' radio button
- Tick on "I have read the instructions, I have all the required documents in scanned pdf format and photograph in jpg/jpeg format." checkbox and click continue button.
- Keep the soft copy of below documents handy before proceding to next page
- Applicant's recent colored photograph (dimentions 2in X 2in) size less than 1MB
- Copy of Passport page containing personal particulars
- Copy of letter from the hospital concerned in India on its letterhead
- At this point, the website will give you the auto-generated application ID # unique to you. Take note of this. (Rest assured, the details will be sent later on in an email, but it’s good practice still to write this number down or take a screenshot of the page).
- Fill up all mandatory fields in applicant details and passport details section. Please ensure that all details entered are as per the passport
- Click on save and continue after filling all mandatory details. This will take you to a page where the applicant's address, family and occupation details need to be filled.
- Enter Present & permanent address,Parents details,marital status and occupation details.
- Click on save and continue after filling above details. Now you will land on a page where details of visa sought needs to be updated.
- Please enter details of visa sought,details of medical treatment,previously held visa,Sarc country visit details & reference
- If you travel to India for your treatment only through Medinovita’s assistance, then you can provide Medinovita’s office address and contact number of patient relations as the reference in India. However, an email seeking permission to use Medinovita's reference is required.
- Click on Save and Continue after filling all mandatory fields.This will take a page for uploading passport size photograph.
- Photo Specifications
- Format JPEG
- Size Minimum 10 KB , Maximum 1 MB
- The minimum dimensions are 350 pixels (width) x 350 pixels (height).
- Recent front facing photograph with white background to be uploaded by the applicant.
- Do not crop the Passport Image to use it as your recent photograph. Upload clear front facing photograph with preferable white/light coloured background.
- The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded photograph are not clear and as per specification.
- Click on upload button and adjust the photo size online after uploading it.Click on Save and Continue
- Click here to view best hospitals or Click here to request for a quote
- Kindly ensure that the document is as per specifications mentioned below.
- All documents uploaded by the applicant including business cards,invitation letters etc. must be in English language, failing which e-Visa application would be liable for rejection.
- Format PDF
- Minimum size 10 KB and Maximum 300 KB
- Passport Upload - Photo page of Passport containing personal details like name,date of birth, nationality , expiry date etc. to be uploaded by the applicant.
- Photo page of Passport uploaded should be of the same passport whose details are provided in passport details section.
- The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document is not clear and as per specification.
- Tick 'I have verified that all the documents are uploaded as per the requirement.' checkbox and click on Confirm button after uploading the documents.
- At this stage, you will be in a page to verify the particulars filled in the application form. Please verify all fields thoroughly. Click on modify button to edit the fields in case of any error. Otherwise, click on verified and continue button
- You will be taken to a page to make payment. You have the option to make the payment right away or pay later.
- Click on Pay Now button and select payment gateway.
- The next web page will show you the portal of selected payment gateway which gives you the option to pay for the visa fee with a debit card, a credit card or with PayPal.
- Payment of this fee is NOT a guarantee that your visa will be approved. It is also non-refundable. In case of any double/triple payments, it will be refunded after due reconciliation within seven (7) days. Either way, please be careful while doing the payment process because if the number of unsuccessful attempts is more than 3, you would have to start afresh and redo the whole application form again with a new application ID #.
- After you complete the whole online application, you’ll just have to wait for an email update from them that confirms that your E-Visa is Granted. If it is, they will proceed to send you your Electronic Travel Authorization or ETA
- Normally, visa processing takes 24 hours to 72 hours
- To be entirely sure, please confirm that your ETA status is shown as Granted on India eVisa portal before you fly. If there are any problems, you can contact support center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to request for the invitational letter..Alternatively you can email us email@example.com or WhatsApp us on +91-9740177277 to book doctor appointments and invitation letter.
Extension of Indian medical visa
The initial period for the medical visa is up to a period of one year or the period of treatment whichever less, which can be extended for a further period up to one year by the State Government/ FRROs on the production of medical certificate/ advice from the reputed/ recognized/ specialized hospitals in the country.
Any further extension will be granted by the Ministry of Home Affairs only on the recommendations of the State Government/ FRROs supported by appropriate medical documents. Such visa will be valid for a maximum three entries during one year. State Government/ FRROs may permit one additional entry in an emergent situation if required.
Documents needed for the extension of Indian medical visa
- Application form.
- Photocopy of the passport and the initial visa.
- Four photographs of the applicant.
- Details of residence in India
Contact details of FRRO's for the extension of Indian medical visa
|Bangalore||5th Floor, 'A' Block,|
TTMC, BMTC Bus Stand Building,
Bangalore - 560027
|Calicut||20/1305, Castle View, Thiruvannur Road,|
|Chennai||No. 26 Shastri Bhawan Annexe,Building 26|
|Cochin||2nd Floor, Airlines Building, Cochin|
International Airport Ltd.,Airport PO,
|Delhi||East Block —VIII,Level -2 Sector -1|
R.K Puram New Delhi-66
|Kolkata||237, A.J.C Bose Road, Kolkatafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mumbai||Annex-|| Bldg., 3rd Floor Badruddin|
Tayyabji Marg,Behind St.Xavier College, C.S.T
Assistance to get Indian medical visa
Medinovita assist patients in applying for Indian medical visa as a complimentary service. In case if you need any assistance in getting a visa, please submit the inquiry or email on email@example.com. You can also call or WhatsApp us on +91-9740177277. We usually respond within one hour of receiving the inquiry.