Indian Visa For Ayurveda and Yoga Retreat
Eligibility for Indian visa for Ayurveda and Yoga Retreat
Travelers planning to visit India for Ayurveda and yoga retreat is eligible to apply for e-visa through Government of India website. Services of e-Visa involve a completely online application for which no facilitation is required by any intermediary/agents. E-visa the facility is available for nationals of following countries/territories,
International travelers whose sole objective for visiting India is recreation, sight seeing, casual visit to visit friends and relatives, attending a short term yoga programme or ayurveda retreat, medical treatment including treatment under Indian systems of medicine, business purpose, as attendant to e-Medical visa holder, attending a conference/ seminar/ workshop organized by a Ministry or Department of the Government of India, State Governments or UT Administrations etc. & their subordinate/ attached organizations & PSUs and no other purpose/activity.
Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.International Travellers should have a return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.E-Visa is not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders, individuals endorsed on Parent's/Spouse's Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport and International Travel Document Holders
Instructions for Indian E-Visa Application
- Applicants of the eligible countries listed above may apply online minimum of 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 120 days. Example: If you are applying on 1st Sept then the applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 2nd Jan
- Recent front-facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date etc are to be uploaded mandatorily by the applicant. Additionally, one more document depending upon the e-Visa type would also be required to be uploaded. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded documents and photographs are not clear / as per specification
- e-Visa fee is country/Territory specific. Bank transaction charges of 2.5% will be charged additionally on applicable e-Visa fees. The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel otherwise the application will not be processed. To know the fee applicable on your Country/Territory please Click here
- e-Visa fee once submitted is non-refundable as the fee is for processing of the application and is not dependent on either Grant or Rejection of Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).
- Applicant should carry a copy of Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) along with him/her at the time of travel. Please confirm that your ETA status is shown as 'GRANTED' on Govt Of India website prior to the commencement of your journey. Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking VisaStatus.
- The validity of e-Visa will be 60 days from the date of arrival in India
- e-Visa is valid for entry through 28 designated Airports (i.e. Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Portblair, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Vishakhapatnam) and 5 designated seaports (i.e. Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai, Chennai). However, the the traveler can take an exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
- e-Visa can be availed for a maximum of three times in a calendar year i.e. between January to December.
- e-Visa is non-extendable, non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
- For any assistance call 24 * 7 e-Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or send email to email@example.com
Documents required for E-Visa Application
- Scanned copy of bio page of passport showing the photograph and details in PDF format
- One recent (not less than 3 months old) passport-size colour photograph of the applicant in JPEG format. Max file size of the image should not be more than 1MB.The photo should present full face, front view, eyes open and without spectacles. The background should be plain light colored or white background.No shadows on the face or on the background and the image should not have any borders
Step by Step Process to Fill Online Application Form
- Navigate to Govt of India Evisa application website
- Click on E-Visa Application on the left side of the web page.
- Select your Passport Type, Nationality, Port of Entry(Airport in India where your first entry is what need to be selected). Consider you are flying to Trivandrum and have a direct flight from your city to Mumbai and is then taking a connecting flight to Trivandrum. In this case Mumbai should be selected as your port of entry.
- Enter Date of Birth as per Passport , email id and expected date of arrival at India.
- Select Visa Service as e-tourist Visa and if you are planning for short term Ayurveda treatment, select the option as "RECREATION/SIGHT-SEEING". For short term yoga visit to India, select "SHORT TERM YOGA PROGRAMME"
- Enter the verification text shown in the page and click continue after selecting the read instruction check box.
- In the next page, enter your personal information under Applicant Details section and passport details under the Passport Details section. Please note the Temporary Application ID displayed on top of the page as that is your application Id. Click on Save and Continue to next page.
- In the third page of the application, please enter your home country address information, family information and professional details. Click on save and continue to next page
- The fourth page is Visa Details Form, where you will be asked to enter places to be visited and also expected port of exit from India. For short term Ayurveda or yoga treatment, please enter the city you are visiting along with Ayurveda center. Complete the other visa related questions and provide a reference in India and the United States. You can give the Ayurveda or yoga center you are visiting as the reference.
- In the fifth page, there are Additional Question details that need to be marked Yes/No. Once completed please click on Save and Continue.
- Sixth page is Upload photograph and the digital passport size photograph should be uploaded in this page.
- Once the photo is successfully uploaded, navigate to next page, where the scanned copy of passport pdf should be uploaded. Make sure the file size is not more than what is specified. For Ayurveda or yoga treatment only the scanned passport copy is required and no other documents are needed.
- Next page is Verification Page, where all the data entered will be listed and need to be verified before proceeding to the next page. Verify all the details and Click on Verified and Continue to proceed to the payment page.
- Read the instruction on the Online Visa Fee Payment Page and click on the Pay Now button to pay the evisa fee amount. The fee amount is different for each country and is available here.
- Please note down the Application ID displayed in the Online Visa Fee Payment Page as it is required for any future communication or issues with payment.
Next Steps After EVisa Application is Submitted
After the evisa application is submitted online, there will be an email confirmation to the provided email.It normally takes 3 days for the electronic travel authorization(ETA) to be sent to your email by Bureau of Immigration.
During your travel, you need to carry printout of the electronic travel authorization(ETA) which is your e-visa to enter India.Upon arrival in India, records would be examined by the Immigration Officer. Biometrics Details(photograph & Fingerprints)of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at the arrival airport
E-Visa processing time
Evisa is normally approved within 3 days of application.