‣ You will wake up in the recovery room and then be transferred back to the ward
‣ A bandage will be around the operated knee.
‣ Once you are recovered your drip will be removed and you will be shown a number of exercises to do.
‣ Your Surgeon will see you prior to discharge and explain the findings of the operation and what was done during surgery.
‣ Pain medication will be provided and should be taken as directed
‣ You can remove the bandage in 24 hours and place waterproof dressings (provided) over the wounds.
‣ It is normal for the knee to swell after the surgery. Elevating the leg when you are seated and placing Ice-Packs on the knee will help to reduce swelling. (Ice packs on for 20 min 3-4 times a day until swelling has reduced)
‣ You are able to drive and return to work when comfortable unless otherwise instructed
‣ Please make an appointment 7-10 days after surgery to monitor your progress and remove the 2 stitches in your knee.